- You can’t create a button – Nicholas C. Zakas on accessibility concerns around links and buttons and things that look like links and buttons.
- Styling ordered list numbers – a technique for making lists prettier — effectively replacing the standard numbers with your own in CSS.
- Using the fullscreen API in web browsers – a good introduction to what the fullscreen API is, and how to use it.
- SVG in OpenType: A new approach to SVG fonts – an intriguing idea to essentially mash SVG fonts and OpenType together.
- Flash is not the enemy – our lack of focus on what’s important is – Chris Heilmann on why tooling is essential
- What is LOIC and can I be arrested for DDOS’ing someone? – Troy Hunt discusses what DDOS is, and why comparisons between DDOS and physical protests are fundamentally flawed.
- Moonrise in real time – worth watching.
- Would you spend the night at an underwater hotel? – The USS Enterprise, underwater, as far as I can tell.
- How Newegg crushed the shopping cart patent and saved online retail – the story of a patent troll getting their comeuppance.