- The impending crisis that is Windows XP and IE8 – with Microsoft ceasing support for XP in 2014, 2013/14 promises to be… interesting.
- On the styling of forms – what needs to happen to make HTML5 forms useful and usable for designers and developers? Probably the shadow DOM.
- What is SVG? – part 1 of what looks to be a great guide on understanding (and writing) SVG.
- Carousels – Brad Frost challenges how useful they actually are, and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Microsoft goes its own way with Web audio/video spec, despite W3C rebuff – but is it actually that bad?
- FastClick – a library to eliminate the delay before a
clickevent is fired in mobile browsers.
- Big design vs simple solutions – contrasting Simplest-Solution-That-Could-Possibly-Work (SSTCPW) and Big-Design-Up-Front (BDUF) approaches to software engneering
- What innovators can learn from artists – applicable, I think, to more than just business.
- NASA’s beloved Curiosity rover hasn’t even driven a whole mile yet – a chart of distances driven on other worlds